1. Acceptance of Terms
1.1 My Digital Depot CC will henceforth be referred to as Digital Depot.
Digital Depot is the sole operator of digitaldepot.co.za
1.2 By accessing and using Digital Depot you agree to the following terms:
- Your usage of the website will not be for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- By using this website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers in this notice.
- Digital Depot and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate orders, or edit content in their sole discretion.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this website.
2. Products on Digital Depot Website
2.1 A sale, or order, is only valid once an order has been placed through the website and the payment verified in our bank account.
2.2 Any order is subject to cancellation by Digital Depot due to superior force from any clause beyond the control of Digital Depot, including (without restricting this clause to these instances): inability to secure labour, power, materials or supplies, or by reason of an act of God, war, civil disturbance, riot, state of emergency, strike, lockout, or other labour disputes, fire, flood, drought or legislation.
2.3 All quotes will remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the date of the quote or until the date of issue of a new price, whichever occurs first. The validity of any price is subject to availability and to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations, of Digital Depot before dispatch of goods.
2.4 The Customer hereby confirms that the goods and services on the Tax invoice issued duly represent the goods and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance / delivery has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and that the Customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any visible defects.
2.5 All products offered on digitaldepot.co.za are on offer for a limited period. When an item is out of stock, or no longer available, the item is no longer on offer. For more information on a product’s stock availability please contact us.
2.6 Digital Depot shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Digital Depot will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices, and/or delivery charges, and shall only be liable to refund monies paid should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
3. Amounts payable by User
3.1 The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed. Prices are subject to change without notice.
3.2 Digital Depot will handle all delivery charges for delivery of the item to the User. Digital Depot will cover all insurance of the order for delivery of the item to the User.
3.3 Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents.
3.4 Digital Depot will not be held liable or held responsible for any bank changes, or other fees which may occur when using this website. For more information on bank charges please contact your bank.
4. Payment Methods
4.1 If “Manual Payment” is selected once the order has been placed you will be instructed on how to deposit the amount due into Digital Depot’s account.
The following criteria are to be taken into account:
- The exact amount must be paid
- Please use the order number as a reference when depositing the amount. If this is not done we will not be able to detect the deposit.
- Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.;
- Your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
- Orders will only be despatched once full payment has cleared in the Digital Depot bank account.
4.2 If “Credit Card” is selected as a payment option on the Checkout page you will be directed to MyGate’s payment page. All Credit and Cheque card transactions are handled by our secure 3rd party payment gateway, MyGate.
Digital Depot will never ask for your credit card details or store the information, whether it be verbal or via electronic communication.
Please note that orders will only be processed once payment has been made to Digital Depot and is reflected and cleared in our bank account.
5.1 Digital Depot delivers to addresses within the borders of South Africa. Additional charges may be levied for deliveries to neighbouring countries. Please contact us for delivery charges quotation.
5.2 Certain high-value items cannot be delivered to PO Box addresses. If this problem arises, Digital Depot will contact you to make alternative delivery arrangements.
5.3 Digital Depot shall be entitled to split the delivery of goods ordered in the quantities and on the dates it decides with the prior consent of the Customer, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
5.4 Digital Depot shall be entitled to invoice and deliver each order separately.
5.5 The risk of damage to or destruction of goods is passed to the Customer on signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery to the Customer or the Customer’s nominated representative and the Customer undertakes to insure the goods fully, until paid for in full.
5.6 Digital Depot is hereby authorized to engage a third party on its behalf and on the terms deemed fit by Digital Depot to transport all goods purchased.
5.7 If the Customer chooses to engage in its own third party to transport the goods, the Customer indemnifies Digital Depot against any claims of whatsoever nature that may arise from such an agreement. Delivery via 3rdparty (customer’s) courier must be arranged
5.8 Delivery, installation, commencement and performance times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Digital Depot. Digital Depot warrants that it will use its best endeavor’s to meet such delivery times; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Digital Depot. Digital Depot shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any incorrect or delayed delivery, tampering of installation, commencement or performance.
5.9 Once you have been notified the product is ready for collection, we will contact you will collection details.
Returns and Warranties
6.1 No returns will be accepted without an RMA number. Return Material Authorization (RMA) request form to be submitted online prior to returning any items for any reason. Please complete RMA application online on our website www.digitaldepot.co.za. This number must be used as a reference for all matters relating. Our technical department will issue you with an RMA number which authorizes you to return one item per every RMA number. A full fault description must be completed to enable technical department to test and verify fault.
6.2 In the case of repairs undertaken by Digital Depot, repair times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Digital Depot; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Digital Depot. Digital Depot shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any unforeseen costs and/or delayed repairs.
6.3 A product may be returned under the following conditions:
- If Digital Depot has supplied the incorrect product or the product is defective, Digital Depot will exchange it for the correct item(s). Digital Depot will cover the delivery charges and arrange for the collection and delivery of the item(s).
- A product may be returned for a refund, within 7 Days of invoice date, if it is in original condition (not opened or installed). The customer will then be liable for the return delivery charge. A handling fee of 10% of the original purchase price for the goods returned after 7 days from invoice date. Digital Depot reserves the right not to accept returns later than 20 days from Invoice. Any expenses handling charges relating to the return will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- All defective merchandise returned to Digital Depot must be returned with all cables, power supplies, documentation etc.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, Digital Depot reserves the right to refuse the return.
- Opened or used software may not be returned.
- Software does not carry a warranty.
- Physical or structural damage is not covered by warranties or guarantees and any such damage invalidates the warranty. Determination of what constitutes physical damage is by the supplier of the item.
- Electronic goods can be returned for testing during the warranty period. If however it is found not to be faulty or the item was physically damaged by the customer, or the defect is not covered by the warranty conditions, the shipping fee to and from the customer, and a handling fee of 10% of the product’s price will be levied. Our suppliers will be the sole judge of what constitutes physical damage by the customer and if the defect is covered by the warranty conditions.
- Digital Depot will not be liable for incompatibilities in computer hardware. Once items have been opened or installed they can only be returned if defective.
- All items must be returned with all their original packaging and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to, cables, discs and manuals. In addition all the suppliers’ barcode stickers and serial number stickers must still be attached to the product, and must not have been removed. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the barcode sticker will void the warranty in most cases, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased.
- When an item is found to be defective it may be repaired, or the item alone (and not the packaging) may be replaced, or the entire package may be replaced. This is at the discretion of Digital Depot and its suppliers, and the sole obligation of Digital Depot and its suppliers is to provide a working item in good condition. If an exact replacement is not available, a suitable alternative may be offered, or the item will be credited.
6.4 The image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute grounds for return. Images are for illustrative purposes only, and manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the design of their products, and as such the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice.
6.5 Digital Depot’s sole obligation is to repair or replace the defective product. There is no warranty for uninterrupted or error-free operation. There is no warranty for loss of data. We recommend that you regularly back up the data stored on your product to a separate storage product. There is no warranty for product with removed or altered identification labels and/or serial numbers. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the bar code sticker will void the warranty, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased. This clause shall not be used to imply that Digital Depot shall be obliged to accept the return of any goods.The warranty is contingent upon the proper use in the application for which the product was intended, and does not cover product which has been modified in any manner, and /or has been subjected to physical damage, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, tampering, improper maintenance, or has been serviced, repaired, installed by unauthorized personnel.
6.6 As per CPA, all products purchased from Digital Depot carry a minimum 6 (six) month warranty from date of invoice . Good returned to the Company during these warranty periods can be repaired, replaced or refunded. Refund value will be at current market replacement price or original purchase price, whichever is lower. Products carrying more than 6 months warranty are backed by the manufacturers international warranty. Services carry no guarantee.
6.7 Data Recovery is not covered under the warranty and is not part of the warranty process. Digital Depot’s Technical department offers a standard data recovery service. Price will be quoted on request.
6.8 The customer hereby agrees that any item handed in for repair may be sold by Digital Depot to defray the cost of such repairs if the item remains uncollected within 30 days of the repairs being completed.
6.9 No claim under these terms and conditions will arise unless the Customer has, within 7 days of the alleged breach or defect occurring, given Digital Depot 30 days written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
6.10 Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on your return product.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Digital Depot or otherwise used by Digital Depot as permitted by law.In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
The Customer acknowledges all copyrights and shall not duplicate copyrighted material and that each attempt will immediately render the full prevailing price payable to Digital Depot.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, neither Digital Depot nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Kalahari makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to email@example.com
This Website is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these terms and conditions that the service available from and through this Website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Digital Depot and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
7.3 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the ‘Disputes’ clause of these terms and conditions, you and Digital Depot submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Digital Depot suffers any damage or loss.
Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non- Digital Depot sites are provided as is and Digital Depot does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on such web pages.
Digital Depot may collect and store your Name and Surname, Email Address, Address and IP Address. This information will only be used for electronic communication between User and Digital Depot, transactions, statistics and emails.
Digital Depot will not disclose this information with any 3rd parties.