1. Acceptance of Terms
1.1 My Digital Depot CC will henceforth be referred to as Digital Depot.
Digital Depot is the sole operator of digitaldepot.co.za
1.2 By accessing and using Digital Depot you agree to the following terms:
- Your usage of the website will not be for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- By using this website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers in this notice.
- Digital Depot and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate orders, or edit content in their sole discretion.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this website.
2. Products on Digital Depot Website
2.1 A sale, or order, is only valid once an order has been placed through the website and the payment verified in our bank account.
2.2 Any order is subject to cancellation by Digital Depot due to superior force from any clause beyond the control of Digital Depot, including (without restricting this clause to these instances): inability to secure labour, power, materials or supplies, or by reason of an act of God, war, civil disturbance, riot, state of emergency, strike, lockout, or other labour disputes, fire, flood, drought or legislation.
2.3 All quotes will remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the date of the quote or until the date of issue of a new price, whichever occurs first. The validity of any price is subject to availability and to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations, of Digital Depot before dispatch of goods.
2.4 The Customer hereby confirms that the goods and services on the Tax invoice issued duly represent the goods and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance / delivery has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and that the Customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any visible defects.
2.5 All products offered on digitaldepot.co.za are on offer for a limited period. When an item is out of stock, or no longer available, the item is no longer on offer. For more information on a product’s stock availability please contact us.
2.6 Digital Depot shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Digital Depot will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices, and/or delivery charges, and shall only be liable to refund monies paid should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
3. Amounts payable by User
3.1 The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed. Prices are subject to change without notice.
3.2 Digital Depot will handle all delivery charges for delivery of the item to the User. Digital Depot will cover all insurance of the order for delivery of the item to the User.
3.3 Value added tax at the rate of 15% is charged on goods bought by South African residents.
3.4 Digital Depot will not be held liable or held responsible for any bank changes, or other fees which may occur when using this website. For more information on bank charges please contact your bank.
4. Payment Methods
4.1 If “Manual Payment” is selected once the order has been placed you will be instructed on how to deposit the amount due into Digital Depot’s account.
The following criteria are to be taken into account:
- The exact amount must be paid
- Please use the order number as a reference when depositing the amount. If this is not done we will not be able to detect the deposit.
- Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.;
- Your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
- Orders will only be despatched once full payment has cleared in the Digital Depot bank account.
4.2 If “Credit Card” is selected as a payment option on the Checkout page you will be directed to PayFast’s payment page. All Credit and Cheque card transactions are handled by our secure 3rd party payment gateway, PayFast.
Digital Depot will never ask for your credit card details or store the information, whether it be verbal or via electronic communication.
Please note that orders will only be processed once payment has been made to Digital Depot and is reflected and cleared in our bank account.
5.1 Digital Depot delivers to addresses within the borders of South Africa. Additional charges may be levied for deliveries to neighbouring countries. Please contact us for delivery charges quotation.
5.2 Certain high-value items cannot be delivered to PO Box addresses. If this problem arises, Digital Depot will contact you to make alternative delivery arrangements.
5.3 Digital Depot shall be entitled to split the delivery of goods ordered in the quantities and on the dates it decides with the prior consent of the Customer, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
5.4 Digital Depot shall be entitled to invoice and deliver each order separately.
5.5 The risk of damage to or destruction of goods is passed to the Customer on signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery to the Customer or the Customer’s nominated representative and the Customer undertakes to insure the goods fully, until paid for in full.
5.6 Digital Depot is hereby authorized to engage a third party on its behalf and on the terms deemed fit by Digital Depot to transport all goods purchased.
5.7 If the Customer chooses to engage in its own third party to transport the goods, the Customer indemnifies Digital Depot against any claims of whatsoever nature that may arise from such an agreement. Delivery via 3rdparty (customer’s) courier must be arranged
5.8 Delivery, installation, commencement and performance times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Digital Depot. Digital Depot warrants that it will use its best endeavor’s to meet such delivery times; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Digital Depot. Digital Depot shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any incorrect or delayed delivery, tampering of installation, commencement or performance.
5.9 Once you have been notified the product is ready for collection, contact us for collection details.
6. Product Returns and Warranties
6.1 No returns will be accepted without an RMA number. Return Material Authorization (RMA) request form to be submitted online prior to returning any items for any reason. Please complete RMA application online on our website www.digitaldepot.co.za. This number must be used as a reference for all matters relating. Our technical department will issue you with an RMA number which authorizes you to return one item per every RMA number. A full fault description must be completed to enable technical department to test and verify fault.
6.2 In the case of repairs undertaken by Digital Depot, repair times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Digital Depot; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Digital Depot. Digital Depot shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any unforeseen costs and/or delayed repairs.
6.3 A product may be returned under the following conditions:
- If Digital Depot has supplied the incorrect product or the product is defective, Digital Depot will exchange it for the correct item(s). Digital Depot will cover the delivery charges and arrange for the collection and delivery of the item(s).
- A product may be returned for a refund, within 7 Days of invoice date, if it is in original condition (not opened or installed). The customer will then be liable for the return delivery charge. A handling fee of 10% of the original purchase price for the goods returned after 7 days from invoice date. Digital Depot reserves the right not to accept returns later than 20 days from Invoice. Any expenses handling charges relating to the return will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- All defective merchandise returned to Digital Depot must be returned with all cables, power supplies, documentation etc.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, Digital Depot reserves the right to refuse the return.
- Opened or used software may not be returned.
- Digital Depot will adhere to the Manufacturer’s warranty periods and conditions of Electronic products. These products usually have a warranty of one year, but some products have a shorter warranty period. Warranty periods and conditions will be given to a customer on request.
- Software does not carry a warranty.
- Physical or structural damage is not covered by warranties or guarantees and any such damage invalidates the warranty. Determination of what constitutes physical damage is by the supplier of the item.
- Electronic goods can be returned for testing during the warranty period. If however it is found not to be faulty or the item was physically damaged by the customer, or the defect is not covered by the warranty conditions, the shipping fee to and from the customer, and a handling fee of 10% of the product’s price will be levied. Our suppliers will be the sole judge of what constitutes physical damage by the customer and if the defect is covered by the warranty conditions.
- Digital Depot will not be liable for incompatibilities in computer hardware. Once items have been opened or installed they can only be returned if defective.
- All items must be returned with all their original packaging and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to, cables, discs and manuals. In addition all the suppliers’ barcode stickers and serial number stickers must still be attached to the product, and must not have been removed. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the barcode sticker will void the warranty in most cases, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased.
- When an item is found to be defective it may be repaired, or the item alone (and not the packaging) may be replaced, or the entire package may be replaced. This is at the discretion of Digital Depot and its suppliers, and the sole obligation of Digital Depot and its suppliers is to provide a working item in good condition. If an exact replacement is not available, a suitable alternative may be offered, or the item will be credited.
6.4 The image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute grounds for return. Images are for illustrative purposes only, and manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the design of their products, and as such the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice.
6.5 Digital Depot’s sole obligation is to repair or replace the defective product. There is no warranty for uninterrupted or error-free operation. There is no warranty for loss of data. We recommend that you regularly back up the data stored on your product to a separate storage product. There is no warranty for product with removed or altered identification labels and/or serial numbers. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the bar code sticker will void the warranty, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased. This clause shall not be used to imply that Digital Depot shall be obliged to accept the return of any goods. The warranty is contingent upon the proper use in the application for which the product was intended, and does not cover product which has been modified in any manner, and /or has been subjected to physical damage, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, tampering, improper maintenance, or has been serviced, repaired, installed by unauthorized personnel.
6.6 New goods are protected according to the manufacturer’s product specific warranties only and all other guarantees and warranties including common law guarantees are hereby specifically excluded. Services carry no guarantee.
6.7 Data Recovery is not covered under the warranty and is not part of the warranty process. Digital Depot’s Technical department offers a standard data recovery service. Price will be quoted on request.
6.8 The customer hereby agrees that any item handed in for repair may be sold by Digital Depot to defray the cost of such repairs if the item remains uncollected within 30 days of the repairs being completed.
6.9 No claim under these terms and conditions will arise unless the Customer has, within 7 days of the alleged breach or defect occurring, given Digital Depot 30 days written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
6.10 Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on your return product.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Digital Depot or otherwise used by Digital Depot as permitted by law. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
The Customer acknowledges all copyrights and shall not duplicate copyrighted material and that each attempt will immediately render the full prevailing price payable to Digital Depot.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, neither Digital Depot nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Kalahari makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to email@example.com
This Website is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these terms and conditions that the service available from and through this Website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Digital Depot and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
7.3 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the ‘Disputes’ clause of these terms and conditions, you and Digital Depot submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Digital Depot suffers any damage or loss.
Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non- Digital Depot sites are provided as is and Digital Depot does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on such web pages.
POPIA is intended to protect both natural and juristic persons (Data Subjects) from harm by protecting their personal information. POPIA ensures that all websites, companies, and organisations (Responsible Parties) that hold, and process personal information do so carefully and with respect for the rights and interests of the data subjects.
All Digital Depot e-mails, as well as any files transmitted with it, are confidential and may well contain information which is legally privileged/and or may house personal details relating to the sender and/or other third parties. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to whom the e-mail is addressed, who has given the sender permission as required under the POPIA to make use of their personal and confidential details.
Any use of the personal or confidential information housed in e-mails and/or any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination, or publication of the information contained in any e-mail is strictly prohibited, unless you have been permitted thereto by the sender, and might be a breach of confidence and/or POPIA.
If you are not the intended recipient of any e-mail, please return the e-mail immediately to the sender and then delete this message from your system. Following the above please note that the sender and in particular Digital Depot is not liable for the improper use or transmission of this information nor for any delay in its receipt, or for any breach of the confidentiality and/or any breach of the provisions of POPIA and My Digital Depot’s and the sender’s rights are herewith strictly reserved.
Where we refer to “Personal Information” we mean personal information as defined in POPIA, being information that may be used to directly or indirectly identify you, whether as a natural or juristic person. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details, photograph, banking details and location and for juristic person it will include company registration number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone numbers, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the juristic person.
Links To Third Party Websites
Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up to use our Services or our website, contact us or during our relationship with you.
- from public sources where you have made your Personal Information public, such as on social media or company websites.
- from your use of the services; and
- from your use of our website or use of any features or resources available on or through our website.
Types of Information We Collect
Disidentified information is data about usage and service operation that is not directly associated with a specific data subjects’ identity. Digital Depot may collect and analyse non-personally identifiable or disidentified information to evaluate how people use our website.
Digital Depot may gather aggregate information, being information that your computer automatically provides to us and that cannot be tied back to you as a specific data subject. Examples include referral data (our websites you visited just before and just after our website), the pages viewed, time spent on our website, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. For example, when you request a page from one of our websites, our servers log your IP address to create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns and for purposes of system administration. Digital Depot uses Google Analytics available to all domains and no personal information is logged by using this service to keep track of movement on our website.
Cookies are small files about browsing activity that are stored on a device’s web browser by the websites that are visited and are generally used to improve user experience. When you use our website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, such as your location, IP address, general internet usage and Google Analytics information. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns.
We use personal Information to better understand your needs and interests and to provide you with our service. We may collect the following categories of personal Information through our relationship with you:
- General personal details: your name and surname or similar information of a legal entity.
- Contact details: your address, contact number, and email address.
- User information: Personal Information included in correspondence, transaction documents, use of the services or other materials that we process in the course of providing our website and services.
- Consent records: records of any consents you have given us in respect of using your Personal Information and any related information, such as the specific details of the consent. We will also record any withdrawals or refusals of consent.
How We Use Your Information
We only process adequate and relevant personal Information for the following purposes and legal bases:
- to perform in terms of our agreement with you (provide you with the services and access to our website, including registering an account with the intention to make a purchase, completing a purchase online with without registering an account, or completing and submitting an enquiry or contact form).
- operate and manage your account or your relationship with us, including facilitating customer credit applications.
- monitor and analyse our business to ensure that it is operating properly, for financial management and for business-development purposes contact you by email, push notifications or other means to inform you about our services, including for marketing purposes, unless you have opted-out of such communications (direct marketing).
- form a view of customer base and to identify, develop or improve our website and services that may interest you.
- carry out market research and surveys, business and statistical analysis and necessary audits.
- fraud prevention.
- perform other administrative and operational tasks like testing our processes and systems; monitoring our website’s usability, performance, and effectiveness; improving the experience, usability and content of our website and ensuring that our security measures are appropriate and adequate; and
- comply with our regulatory, legal or other obligations.
Digital Depot does not sell, rent, or lease any personal Information of individuals or companies, including email addresses, to anyone for marketing or other purposes, and we take commercially reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personal Information that we hold.
- our business partners or third-party service providers and processors in order to provide you with access to our website and/or services, such as data storage service providers, couriers, etc. in accordance with written agreements with these third parties. accountants, auditors, lawyers, and other external professional advisors in terms of written agreements with them under a signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement protecting your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information when legally required by government and/or a court of law.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Due to the nature of the services and our business practices, we may need to transfer personal information to and from different countries for our business purposes and to provide the services.
As allowed by POPIA, we may transfer Personal Information to recipients in other countries, but we will only transfer Personal Information to third parties in countries with adequate data protection laws or do so in terms of a written agreement with the recipient which imposes data protection requirements on that party as required by POPIA.
Legal Rights in respect of your Personal Information
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information. As available and except as limited under POPIA or other applicable laws, you have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information:
- right of access: the right to be informed of and request access to the Personal Information that we process about you.
- right to rectification and erasure: you may request that your Personal Information be amended or updated where it is inaccurate or incomplete or that we delete your Personal Information, subject to applicable limitations and exceptions.
- right to restrict processing: you may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Personal Information.
- right to object: you may object to us processing your Personal Information, and to your Personal Information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- right not to be subject to automated decision-making: where a decision that has a legal or other significant effect is based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, you may request that your Personal Information not be processed in that manner.
Where you have provided consent for us to process your Personal Information, you may also withdraw your consent where our processing is based on your consent. However, we may continue to process your Personal Information if another legal justification exists for the processing.
Access to and Accuracy of and Objection to Processing Personal Information
- Access: you have the right to request that we provide you with the list of Personal Information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly via telephone or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality: we want to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any Personal Information that you think is inaccurate, by contacting us directly via telephone or by sending an email to email@example.com. We will request supporting documents to validate certain personal information provided. This will be communicated accordingly when required.
- Objection: you may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your Personal Information for certain purposes. If you object, we will stop using your Personal Information, except if POPIA allows its continued use. To exercise this right or to discuss it with us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
These requests may be subject to an access to information request in terms of POPIA or other applicable laws and we may require you to verify your identity, identify the rights you are wishing to exercise, and a fee will be charged for substantial and/or excessive requests.
Destruction of Personal Information
Once information has been used for the intended purpose, is over the legal retention limit and legally not required, it will be destroyed in the following methods:
- Hard Copies of Personal Information are shredded on site whilst Special Information is incinerated by a certified third party.
- Soft Copies of any information will be scrubbed from our databases and third-party service providers upon request thereof.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of processing. These measures are in accordance with the requirements of POPIA.
The internet is an open and often vulnerable system and the transfer of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we implement all reasonable measures to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transferred to us using the internet. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that any transfer of Personal Information via the internet is at your own risk, and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information is sent securely. Digital Depot assumes no liability for the interception, alteration, or misuse of the information you provide via the internet.
We will report any security breach to the applicable regulatory authority in terms of POPIA and to the data subjects whose Personal Information is involved in the breach. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your Personal Information, kindly notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Direct Marketing and Opting Out
We may process your Personal Information to contact you to provide you with information about our services that may be of interest to you. Where we provide services to, we may send information to you regarding our services and other information, using the contact details that you have provided to us. We will only send you direct marketing communications where you have consented to us sending you direct marketing or otherwise in compliance with POPIA, for example if you are our customer.
If you prefer not to receive any or all these communications, you may opt out from marketing activities by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements or by contacting us. After you unsubscribe from marketing activities, we will not send you any direct marketing communications, but we will continue to contact, when necessary, in connection with providing you with requested services or in connection with any agreements between us.
Retention of Personal Information
Lodging a Complaint
If you want to raise any objection or have any queries about our privacy practices, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to formally lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator:
- Website: http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html
- Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
- Email: email@example.com