call or email us for availability
1U Rackmount for Mac Mini with PCIe expansion via Thunderbolt Technology
Sonnet- s xMac mini Server transforms a Mac mini with Thunderbolt technology from a simple server to something much more. It securely mounts a Mac mini inside a specially designed 1U enclosure and connects two PCIe 2.0 slots (with a 100W power supply for installed cards) to enable you to harness the power of full-size pro video capture, audio interface, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, RAID controller cards, and more! Temperature-controlled fans deliver strategic airflow to cool the enclosure. Two Thunderbolt ports, one to connect the PCIe slots to the computer, the second for daisy chaining other Thunderbolt devices, are included. A USB port and a power button on the front panel allow operation of the system without requiring access to the back of the computer. xMac mini Server expands a Mac mini- s potential in a big way.
Built to Serve. xMac mini Server is built to accommodate server room needs. With its 1U rack design, front panel power switch and USB port, plus active, strategic airflow cooling, xMac mini Server fits easily into any server rack. The top cover is easily removed by loosening two thumbscrews to provide access to the PCIe slots the Mac mini, and the user replaceable fans and power supply. Panel-mount HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, and two USB cables are included to connect the ports on the back of the Mac mini to ports on the back of the xMac mini Server for convenient external connection. One Thunderbolt cable is also included. The built-in power hub connects to the Mac mini and to the xMac mini Server- s power supply to allow a single power cable to support the entire server. No power bricks hanging off the back of your rack with this system. Thunderbolt cables are kept plugged in securely by a locking mechanism.
– Server Room Ready – 1U rackmount enclosure houses Mac mini, PCIe slots, and integrated power supply
– Connect up to Two PCIe Cards – Connects two PCIe cards to the Mac mini through Thunderbolt expansion
– Diverse PCIe Card Support -Enables use of pro video capture, audio interface, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10-Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controller cards with a Mac mini with Thunderbolt technology
– Air Flow Management – Variable speed temperaturecontrolled fans cool installed cards, power supply and Mac mini
– Front Panel Operation – Front panel power button and USB port allow operation without accessing the back of the computer
– User-replaceable Parts – Fans and power supply are user-replaceable
– Auto Power On/Off – Auto-power on/off for PCIe cards when the Mac mini powers on/off or sleeps
– Panel Mount Cables – Includes panel-mount cables to connect the Mac mini ports to ports on the back of the xMac mini Server for convenient external connection
– Cable Locking Mechanism – Special locking mechanism secures Thunderbolt cables
– Thunderbolt Expansion – Supports daisy chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals, including storage systems and video I/O devices
– Mac mini or Mac mini Server with a Thunderbolt port
– Mac OS X 10.6.8