call or email us for availability
OWC provides Mac users the only upgrade solution that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability. When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. And current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. Now, instead of being – factory locked- , the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include a free – how-to- video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
The Aura Pro 6G SSD features a suite of industry leading controller technologies for performance and reliability.
Synchronous Interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be – synced- with the SSD processor- s clock signal for maximum data throughput.
Better by Design
– Mean Time To Failure- – We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn- t mean you shouldn- t get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.
– Capacity – 480GB useable capacity, Total Flash Memory Components – 512GB, 32GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
– Formatted Capacity – 447GiB
– NAND – Tier 1 Major Multi-Level Cell, (MLC) High-Performance, Sync-NAND Flash
– Controller – SandForce 2281 Series, Processor with 7% Over, Provisioning
– SMART Attributes – Standard
– Native Command Queuing – up to 32 commands